Belonging in Oakland: A Just City Cultural Fund
Belonging in Oakland: A Just City Cultural Fund is a new multi-year program that will fund Oakland cultural practitioners of color to radically reimagine a racially just city. In Year One of the program, Reflect & Reimagine grants will support breathing space and idea generation for what a just Oakland could look like, feel like, and be.
The Just City Cultural Fund will award 12 grants of $25,000.
Application Deadline: Monday, July 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm - Late applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications may be deemed ineligible.
Before starting an application please review the guidelines and FAQs on the East Bay Community Foundation website: https://www.ebcf.org/a-just-city-cultural-fund/
If you have any questions, please contact Katherin Canton, Program Manager:
Ph: (510) 999-4137
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTERING AND USING THE SURVEY MONKEY APPLY PLATFORM: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
1) If you have never used the SurveyMonkey Apply platform, you will need to register and create a profile first, before you can begin your application. Click on the green Register button in the top right corner of the screen. If you have used this platform before, click Log In and enter your credentials.
2) An email address is required to register and create your profile. The platform will ask you to verify your email by sending an email to the address you provide. If you do not get an email, go back and correct the email you entered or check your spam folder. When you get the verification email, follow the instructions to verify.
*If you still have trouble verifying your email, click on the "i" icon in the top right corner to access support.
3) When you create a profile, you must select if you are an Organization or an Individual. This will determine which programs/applications you get access to on the platform. Both Organizations and Individual artists (with a Fiscal Sponsor) are eligible to apply for The Just City Cultural Fund, but you must select one or the other.
4) After creating your profile as either an Organization or an Individual, go to the Programs page to see active Programs. All active Programs are listed on this page with a short summary; click More for detailed information. If your type of profile is eligible for a given Program, click Apply to access the application form. If you do not see the Apply button on a specific program that indicates that you cannot apply.
5) When you're ready to submit:
a) Verify that you have completed all sections/tasks of the application (green check marks);
b) Make sure you have verified your email address;
c) Click on the Review & Submit button on the left hand side of the screen (you may need to scroll down; button is grayed out until all tasks are marked as Complete). You will be taken to a screen to Review your application;
d) When ready click Submit;
e) You will receive a confirmation email after successful submission.
We highly recommend that you take a few minutes to review the FAQ pages below, especially if you are a first-time user of this platform.
Please read the Survey Monkey Apply Applicant FAQ here.
Please read the Survey Monkey Apply Organization FAQ here.