Lam Research Core Values Scholarship
Lam Research Corporation invites high school seniors in the Fremont Unified (CA), Livermore Valley Joint Unified (CA), Tigard-Tualatin (OR), and Hillsboro (OR) School districts to apply for Lam Research Core Values Scholarship awards of $10,000 over four years.
One award will be given to one graduating senior from each of the eligible high schools listed below who best exemplifies Lam’s Core Values, is planning to attend a 2-year or 4-year college or technical school, and has a cumulative, non-weighted GPA of 3.0 or above.
Applicants must attend one of the following schools:
- Fremont Unified School District (Fremont, CA): American, Irvington, Kennedy, Mission San Jose, and Washington High Schools
- Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District (Livermore, CA): Granada and Livermore High Schools
- Tigard-Tualatin School District (Tualatin, OR): Tigard and Tualatin High Schools
- Hillsboro School District (Hillsboro, OR): Century and Glencoe High Schools
Required application components:
- Completed application form, including list of activities (school, community, employment, other)
- High School Transcript (official or unofficial)
- Essay about how you exemplify Lam's Core Values
- TWO letters of recommendation (one teacher, one other adult who is not a relative and who can speak in detail about your strengths)
To avoid challenges to the independence of accounting firms that perform services for Lam, students who are themselves, or are related to, partners, employees or other representatives of Ernst & Young or KPMG may not apply for or receive a Lam Research Core Values Scholarship. Students who are related to Lam employees are also ineligible.
Instructions for starting, navigating & completing this application:
- If you are a first time user of SurveyMonkey Apply, you must Register first. After you enter your name, email, and password:
- You will get an email asking you to verify your email; follow the instructions in that email. If you don't see the email immediately, check your spam folder. Also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list so that auto-generated emails will not be blocked.
- You will need to complete your user profile. Make sure you sign up as an Individual (not an Organization).
- You can access Help instructions and contact Support at any time by clicking the "i" icon at the top right corner. You can submit a Support ticket for technical issues with the platform (ex: password help).
- You can save your work at any time by scrolling to the bottom of the form and clicking "Save & Continue Editing." The platform also autosaves every few seconds.
- If you save and wish to log off, and any required fields are blank, you will see error messages above those fields. You can still log out and return at a later time.
- On the left side of the application you will see a menu of 4 tasks: each must be completed and Marked As Complete. To do this, click on a task, scroll to the bottom, and click "Mark As Complete" after you have double checked everything.
- For the 2 Letters of Recommendation: you will need to enter the name and email of each recommender. Add a note to explain what you are requesting. The system will send the required info to each recommender. After you have done this for TWO recommenders, click Mark As Complete at the bottom of the screen. (You don't have to wait for the recommenders to submit their letters.)
- The status of your Letters of Rec will be updated on your user profile screen. But it is your responsibility to remind your recommenders to submit before the deadline!
- When all 4 tasks are Marked As Complete, the Review & Submit button will be activated. When you click on that, you will first see a screen to review all your work. Then you can click Submit when ready. You cannot make changes after submitting.
- For additional assistance with the online platform, please read the Applicant FAQs by clicking here.